Last week, we talked about taking care of all the details when it came to publishing and publicizing your blog posts. If you missed that, we’ve posted the checklist for you here.
This week, we thought we’d turn our focus to publishing your special reports.
Like last week, we’ve come up with a quick checklist to help ensure you cover everything. But of course, with our new upgraded content services, we can now help you with ALL of these tasks. Let us take care of the little details, so you can focus on bigger things.
Your Report Publishing Checklist:
- Brand the Report – Add relevant logos and images to your report. Make sure your photo is at the beginning or the end of the report to add a personal touch. Your contact information should ideally be in the footer as well, and include your website address, your email address, and any other relevant information.
- Add Relevant Images – Make your free report more visual appealing by adding graphics and images that support the content. If you present data in the report, also consider adding a visual representation of the data in the form of an infographic or chart. Did you know you can embed video into your documents too? It’s a great way to make a free report more interactive.
- Add Links Including Affiliate Links – Add links to your sources, to affiliate products, and to any supporting content. Don’t forget to include a link in your call to action. What do you want readers to do once they’ve read your report? What action do you want them to take? Test the links to make sure they work.
- Set Up Opt-In Page/Form and Publish On Your Website and Web Pages – There are two ways to motivate people to opt-in. You can create a separate opt-in page that you drive traffic to. You can also add an opt-in form on your website, focusing on your most heavily trafficked web pages. You can, of course, do both. If you don’t presently use an autoresponder service, you’ll want to sign up for one. Use the service provider’s form creation tool to streamline the opt-in process.
- Confirmation Message and Delivery Message – Create a thank you and/or confirmation message. This message is required for a double opt-in process. If you’re not using a double opt-in then you can skip right to the delivery message. Once written, the messages need to be uploaded into your autoresponder system for automatic delivery.
- Tell Your List – Don’t forget to send a message to your list letting them know about the new report. Ask them for help promoting the offer and encourage them to share the good news on social media.
- Get Your Affiliates to Promote It – If you have an affiliate program, they’ll be excited about your new opt-in. After all, it’s one more tool they can use to promote your products or services. Create an email message and add it to your autoresponder. You might also create a few additional pieces of content that your affiliates can use to promote your opt-in.
- Announce It to the Public – Announce your new opt-in on social media and include a link to your opt-in page. Let your blog readers and subscribers know about it too.
Again, if you need a hand, check out our monthly services and we’ll take care of everything from topic brainstorming and content creation…all the way to publishing.