If there’s one thing that can ruin your business profits, it’s trying to do much of the work yourself. When you’re overworked, it’s tough to get the time to plan your business and figure out how you’ll get your profits to the next level.
That’s why we’ve come up with this list of top 10 things to remove from your to do list now, so you can focus on what’s most important. The CEO of big companies or even managers of small companies don’t get bogged down in these tasks, so it’s important for you to act like the CEO in your business too.
1. Managing Social Media – Instead of spending an hour or more a day posting and interacting on social media, find an assistant who can manage your accounts for you. It’s a great time saver and it helps prevent you from the distraction. You can focus on your priority tasks.
2. Providing Customer Service – Spend your time focusing on profit generating tasks and outsource customer service. Let your assistant know what types of inquiries and problems they might encounter. You can create response templates to help ensure your customers receive the best care.
3. Creating Content – Hire a ghostwriter or writing service to write your email messages, blog posts, article content, reports, eBooks and more. If the writing service provides editing and adding images, it takes even more work off of your never ending task list. And, of course, we’re always available to help you with this.
4. Uploading and Scheduling Content – The content is written, now what? Have your contractor or assistant upload and schedule the content to be published. You can have a month’s worth of content ready to go before the month begins (Pssst…we’re going to be able to help you with this very soon and we have more details coming).
5. Bookkeeping and Accounting – Leverage the skills of a bookkeeper and/or an accountant to pay your bills, invoice customers and create your monthly reports. Unless you’re a numbers person, this task can take hours.
6. Researching – Work with a contractor skilled in online research. You can use them to learn more about your target market, competition, and search engine keywords. This is information you can hand off to your writer. A researcher can also identify content topics for your ghostwriter to write on. We’d be happy to help you with this here.
7. Managing Email Communications – Redirect your customer and prospect communications to a virtual assistant. Give your assistant response templates or ask them to create templates for you. It’s a time and stress saving approach and you only see the messages that require your direct attention.
8. Scheduling – If you’re a service provider or occasionally talk with prospective clients on the phone, let your assistant take care of the scheduling for you.
9. Updating Your Website or Blog – Your assistant can make sure your site stays up to date by monitoring plug-ins and system updates. They can also add pages as your site and business grow.
10. Project management – If you’re outsourcing to more than one contractor, consider hiring one lead person to manage your team of contractors. It really cuts back on your stress and lets you focus on profit generating tasks.
If all these items are still on your to do list, pick one to start eliminating to do. Work small, even if you’re working with a budget. As you open up more of your time, you’ll see that you can focus more on profit-building and can afford to hire more help.